We invite you to attend the 2018 Society of Pediatric Psychology Annual Conference (SPPAC) in Orlando, Florida from April 5th – 7th. The meeting will convene at the Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel. The conference hotel is within walking distance of Disney's BoardWalk and Epcot and easily accessible to Disney theme parks via water taxi or complimentary bus transportation. Hotel amenities include multiple on-site restaurants, five pools and a supervised Children’s Activity Center for children 4 to 12 years of age. This conference location is fun for the whole family!
The 2018 SPPAC theme is Innovative Strategies to Promote Research and Practice in Pediatric Psychology: Adapting to a Shifting Healthcare Landscape. The conference will feature skill-building workshops, symposia and invited speakers on important and timely topics relevant to child health and psychological well-being, including healthcare policy/advocacy, implementation science, and stakeholder collaborations to improve care and outcomes. Innovative strategies for funding, implementing and disseminating research and clinical programs in pediatric psychology will also be highlighted. The 2018 conference will include targeted programming to meet the unique professional development needs of trainees, early career and mid-career psychologists.
MISSION OF THE SOCIETY OF PEDIATRIC PSYCHOLOGY ANNUAL CONFERENCE
The SPPAC aims to advance SPP's mission to promote the health and psychological well being of children, youth and their families through science and an evidence-based approach to practice, education, training, advocacy and consultation by:
- Advancing the science of pediatric psychology and related fields through dissemination of cutting edge research; promotion of research that is culturally, ethically and developmentally sensitive and includes diverse populations; and education on evidence-based assessment, intervention, and emerging areas of research, clinical care and policy.
- Providing a forum for individuals at all levels, from students to established investigators and clinicians, to facilitate consultation, collaboration and mentorship.
- Promoting the role and value of pediatric psychology in a changing healthcare environment nationally and internationally.
SPPAC CONFERENCE OBJECTIVES
- To provide up-to-date information on evidence-based practice in pediatric psychology services for children and families.
- To provide a forum for presentation and discussion of current research in pediatric psychology, and how such research informs clinical practice, service delivery, and policy decisions.
- To provide opportunities for productive interaction between and among researchers, practitioners, and trainees.
We look forward to seeing you in Orlando!
Erica Sood, PhD
2018 Conference Chair
Amy Holley, PhD
2018 Conference Co-Chair